What's New on the Site
Energy Efficiency In The News
- Check out this article on High Performance Building Operators at AutomatedBuildings.com.
- The Lighting Controls Association (LCA) has partnered with the California Community Colleges to provide LCA's Education Express online training programs - read the announcement.
- Over 1.9 million jobs in America are focused on Energy Efficiency, with 13% job growth. California is the biggest market for Energy Efficiency Workers, at over 320,000 jobs. Read E2.ORG's study.
- Read the CEC's study exploring barriers to and opportunities for expanding low-income customers’ access to energy efficiency, weatherization, and renewable energy investments.
- NPR reports that San Francisco has begun requiring rooftop solar on new commercial buildings beginning January, 2017.
- Why energy for industry matters: Read this release from Siemens.
- This report says that California has the 4th lowest per capita energy consumption in the country.
- Read this report on Prop 39 from CA Senate President Pro Tem Kevin De León.
- The Department of Energy is refining the definition of Zero Net Energy Buildings to gain consistency across the industry.
- The CA Economic Summit has taken notice of our HVAC Employers Collaborative.
- Just how many jobs does energy efficiency create? Read this BLOG POST from the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE). The Answer is encouraging!
- In the past 6 years, the Advanced Energy Industry has grown 28% across the US, now supporting 3 million jobs. Read this jobs report from the Advanced Energy Economy Institute for 2017.