What's New on the Site
- Friday June 1, the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Program at Mt. San Antonio College will be conducting its 10th Annual Student Exhibition and Open House. Program graduates will meet with potential employers to demonstrate practical projects in Mt. SAC's mechanical, electrical, and building automation labs. The Student Exhibition and Open House will begin in Building 69, Room 24 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Friday June 1st.
- The 2018 HVAC Educators and Trainers Conference was held March 28 & 29 at the South Point Hotel in Las Vegas, NV.
- The Rebuild Green Expo was held February 23, 10am-7pm, at the Santa Rosa Veterans Hall. After last year's fires, rebuild the North Bay sustainably and green. DSN Bruce Greenstein will be presenting and moderating a panel discussion.
- The BEST Center 2018 Annual Institute for Faculty of Building Automation & Performance Programs at Laney College was held January 3-6, 2018.
- The North/Far North Region Building & Energy Training Collaborative held its kick-off meeting on January 9, 2018 at Cosumnes River College.
Energy Efficiency In The News
- The Construction sector is hot! High paying jobs abound, and the Community Colleges are poised to get you the training you need for a great career. Read this article from NPREd.
- California is helping low income women train for construction jobs - read the CNN Money article.
- Check out this article on High Performance Building Operators at AutomatedBuildings.com.
- The Lighting Controls Association (LCA) has partnered with the California Community Colleges to provide LCA's Education Express online training programs - read the announcement.
- Over 1.9 million jobs in America are focused on Energy Efficiency, with 13% job growth. California is the biggest market for Energy Efficiency Workers, at over 320,000 jobs. Read E2.ORG's study.
- Read the CEC's study exploring barriers to and opportunities for expanding low-income customers’ access to energy efficiency, weatherization, and renewable energy investments.
- NPR reports that San Francisco has begun requiring rooftop solar on new commercial buildings beginning January, 2017.
- Why energy for industry matters: Read this release from Siemens.
- This report says that California has the 4th lowest per capita energy consumption in the country.
- Read this report on Prop 39 from CA Senate President Pro Tem Kevin De León.
- The Department of Energy is refining the definition of Zero Net Energy Buildings to gain consistency across the industry.
- The CA Economic Summit has taken notice of our HVAC Employers Collaborative.
- Just how many jobs does energy efficiency create? Read this BLOG POST from the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE). The Answer is encouraging!
- In the past 6 years, the Advanced Energy Industry has grown 28% across the US, now supporting 3 million jobs. Read this jobs report from the Advanced Energy Economy Institute for 2017.